Sunday 11 March 2012

New Things Week 8

Sorry for the long delay on this entry, there were a few technical hiccups over the last couple of weeks. So for week 8 I managed to combine two of my New Years Resolutions by doing something new and raising money for charity. I hope to do this a lot more during the year.  I took part in Shave or Dye in the college. It was an interesting one to do.




GMIT Students Union organised a save or dye event in the college for people to sign up and take part in. This was one of the many events the college organised during a two week fundraising initiative to raise money for charities. All participants had to raise €100 minimum before being allowed to shave and or dye their hair. All proceeds for all shave or dye events around the Country go to Irish Cancer Society. With the help of friends and family I successfully raised €165. All other participants managed to successfully raise more than the €100 minimum. Their were a total of 20 participants in all. 16 people dyed their hair and 4 shaved their heads, meaning the Students Union successfully raised more than €2000 :)

We were supposed to do the shaving and dying in the college in front  of all the students in the canteen. But the people from bellisimos told the organisers that it would be too messy to have everyone dying their hair in the canteen. So all the people who were dying their hair had it done on the Monday and Tuesday before the unveiling in the canteen on Wednesday. This is how I looked before I took part in the event.


So a lot of you may be wondering what I did to my hair. Did I shave or did I dye? (A lot of you may have already seen what I did so it isn't a surprise lol.) So here it goes, I ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ SHAVED. 

All my hair is gone. I miss it and it gets quite cold on top of my head when I'm outside. Also I keep getting really funny looks when I am walking around and on public transport. One woman in particular on the bus pulled handbag closer to herself when I was walking to a free seat. Was very hurtful. Do I look funny or like a criminal or something? And from what I have been hearing from the other participants I amn't the only one who has been getting funny looks and hearing weird things from people. We may have shaved our heads or dyed them, but that doesn't mean we have gone deaf. I did it for a good cause and it will grow back. What do you guys think of my new hair style?

This is a link to what I did for Week 9

Stardansheill o7

0 comments:

Post a Comment