Thursday 4 October 2012

Web design/new project

A couple of Months back my Uncle asked me to design him a website for his carpentry business and I said I would. But he didn't have all the information for me at the time so it was put on the back burner until yesterday during my day off coming up to the end of my work period. I decided that since I have a bit more free time on my hands now that I am entering what I like to call "limbo". This is the time between my work periods. It usually lasts up to about 2 weeks and I tend to get very restless for things to do so this project is exactly what I need. I thought it would only take me a few hours maybe a day to whip up the basic design template for all the pages as I had done a year of some basic web design in the course I was in before I dropped out of college. But that was over two years ago now and it is amazing how much of it I have forgotten. I guess it's like everything, you forget how to do it over time if you don't use the skills. I guess the saying "practice makes perfect" is true.

So I think what I am going to do is buy myself a couple of books about web design and learn from them and find a couple of decent tutorial sites online to help as well. Because at the moment I feel a little like the picture below. I really enjoyed designing websites during college and when I am in front of the computer typing code for sites the time seems to fly. I'll sit down after lunch we'll say and then before I know it, it's dinner time and I haven't done much because I keep changing my mind about how exactly I want it.

I think this could become my new thing along with writing more blog entries and other stuff that keeps me occupied while I decide what to do with my future. Who knows I may learn enough about web design to make it a part time job. Anybody else out there in the blogosphere have anything that they could just do forever and not hate it? Let me know in the comments below :) I think the two main ones in my life are write and code. I just need to get so much better at both. Anyway I just thought I would post the random thoughts that are in my head at the moment so I can clear some space up there to make more room for the random nonsense that is sure to follow. It's all sorted up there in some sort of organised chaos caught in a tornado during a hurricane. Kinda like this rather awesome yet exceptionally freaky image. Am I the only one with a brain like this?
Stardansheill o7

2 comments:

  1. You are not the only one with a random brain... mine is pretty quirky, hence why I am alone I guess:) I could write all day, time flies for me and before I know it, I have worked out an issue I had. Writing frees me;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not alone in your troubles.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete