Tuesday 15 May 2012

My Song of the Week

So I was thinking I might start posting one or two songs a week that are kind of the theme song for that week or day. What do people think? I been thinking about this idea for awhile and I have seen that a lot of other bloggers do this, so I was hesitant incase people thought I was copying their style and didn't like it.

But anyway, I am currently doing end of year exams in college so I am posting my "exam" song. This is a song that I have listened to before every exam I have sat since my Leaving Cert and I class it as my happy relax song. It's the song Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel "IZ Kamakawiwo'ole. A few years ago my grandfather suddenly died and I found that this song always reminds me of him and makes me smile. I am in no way religious, but this song always makes me feel like he is looking over me and keeping me safe. I have this ritual that must be done before every exam and it hasn't let me down yet so I am going to keep it up for the rest of my life. Don't fix what ain't broke. I hope people enjoy the song and it makes them think about happier times in their lives. And for anyone doing exams or going through anything hectic in their lives at the minute, I hope this song can help you like it helps me :) Aloha nui loa

Stardansheill o7

10 comments:

  1. Cracking tune and lovely post Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle Norton5/16/2012

    I like this idea. Enjoyed the song too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie Jordan5/16/2012

    I love that song. Not to sound too stereotypical:) But I love this arrangement. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Launna5/16/2012

    I love the idea of a song or two a week... it's not copying as you will be choosing your own songs:) I've chosen a couple of songs here and there that touch me. It all depends on my mood.... Good luck with those exams :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's cool that you have an exam song. I've never heard of thet before. Aloha nui loa to you to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pacman6565/17/2012

    Cheers edel. Hacking the sisters account again?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pacman6565/17/2012

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pacman6565/17/2012

    Thank you for the comment :) I'm glad you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pacman6565/17/2012

    Thank you for the comment. I love music. It's kind of something that helps me work through things in my life. Always clears my mind :) Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pacman6565/17/2012

    I'm strange like that. Full of little quirks :P :D

    ReplyDelete