Thursday 17 May 2012

Thursday's for Nostalgia

Since it's exam time I decided to procrastinate by listening to some music on Youtube. I decided that since I was studying I would listen to some good auld 90's music. It all started with a bit of Blur Song 2. I decided to take a look at the suggestions to decide what to listen to next and they were all pretty much awesome so I stuck with Blur for the next song and went with Parklife. I moved on to Bohemian Like you by the Dandy Warhols, Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus and Creep by Radiohead. There was a lot more after that, but too long to list. Basically more Blur, some Feeder, The clash and Linkin Park. All these songs bring back such fun memories from growing up. I would often listen to them and more on long journeys or outside during the summer when we were messing outside. Put's me in a nostalgic mood every time.

After a very long procrastination song, I decided I should probably actually do some study so I put one last song on and got down to the books. I decided on Just a Day by Feeder, because it is definitely one of my favourite songs from growing up.
The video says it all. I'll be honest and say I have jumped around and sang along to this song in my room more than once. It's just one of those songs that puts me in a good mood every time I hear it. Anybody else have one of those songs? Needless to say I had a very productive day of procrastination. Not a lot of study done, lol. I don't think I will ever stop listening to the 90's and earlier eras music. In my opinion it's a lot better than a lot of the stuff nowadays, but that's a rant for another day.

Anywho, I still have exams so I am going to wrap this up by saying, anybody got any classic songs they would like to recommend to me. I love finding new songs to listen to. Much appreciated :)

Stardansheill o7

1 comment:

  1. Launna5/18/2012

    I think every generation thinks they have the best music, lol. I do agree there was some pretty wonderful music from the 90's, I kind of shut down when three was a ton of rap that I just don't get... just my age showing, lol... oh well. It's always good to hear songs from the era we grew up and listening to them all again. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete