Saturday 21 April 2012

Random Things I Have Learned Recently

Day 4 of a week I have been enjoying.

So I learned something very interesting today. Not to sure anyone really want to hear it, but oh well. Apparently if you drink blue food colouring and get sick you will puke blue, but if you digest it and pee it will be green. When I was told this I was intrigued and disgusted at the same time. Also the person was just sitting there and suddenly this was the random thought that came out of their mouths. It's one of those things you could have done without hearing, but after you have heard it you are kind of interested.

Anybody got any weird or strange fears? I was talking to someone about my fear of heights and they told me about a few weird fears that they learned about recently. These are just a couple that I can remember:

  • Anatidaephobia: The fear, that some time, somewhere, some how, a duck is watching you.
I don't even know what to say about this. Why is this a fear? Are ducks really scary? This is just one of those things that does not make any sense at all in my mind. 
  • Paraskavedekatriaphobia: The fear of Friday the 13th.
In one sense I can actually understand this fear. I personally believe in a lot of supernatural things and don't care if people ridicule me for this. But I honestly do not believe that anything extra weird happens on Friday the 13th. It is simply another Friday in the year. 

I also learned a new fact about the Titanic that I never new. I have always been interested in everything about the Titanic. But the one thing I never knew in all my years about the Titanic was that it made 3 stops instead of only the 2 I thought it made. I always thought it went from Southampton to Cobh and left for New York. But today I learned that it left Southampton, went to Cherbourg in France next and then on to it's stop in Cobh before finally departing on its voyage. My mother and I always shared the knowledge we gathered on the Titanic and neither of us knew this fact until she told me after hearing it at a table quiz.

Well that's all the random I have to share today. I realise it is short, but sometimes short is good. Hope this is interesting to someone out there. Oh and always remember to be on the look out for ducks.

Stardansheill o7

4 comments:

  1. love random thoughts. I wrote a post on fear of friday 13th at weird wonderful world. http://weirdwonderfulworldnews.blogspot.com.au/2009/03/paraskevidekatriaphobia-is-fear-of.html
    Did you see the show on Titanic where they proved there was no fault with the boat at all and it was just that it hit the massive ice mountain

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it goes in Blue, and comes out Green, that can only mean one thing. Yellow Pee. Which, is indicative of liver failure. Well, maybe not "failure". But, think about it.

    Also; Once the supernatural is known, it is no longer supernatural. In deed, to us they were miracles. But to Jesus, it was just the way things worked, naturally.

    Witches love to use "fear" and "illusions" to control and to manipulate. But there's nothing supernatural about that either.

    Please understand, my comment is not in any way meant to ridicule as there was a time when I too, believed in the supernatural. It's just that, once you know the secret of things. The supernatural, becomes only natural. Which is far more fascinating.

    ~Bargain Hunter
    http://comicbooklistings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brendan Shields4/21/2012

    That's actually a brilliant way to look at things :) But unfortunately I don't understand the supernatural, I just believe in them and think they are out there. But I understand what you mean. I agree about Jesus and the witches. Thank you for commenting and reading my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brendan Shields4/22/2012

    That post really thought me some new things about Friday the 13th that I never knew.
    I didn't see that show, but i did hear something like that. I heard that if they had hit the iceberg head on instead of trying to go around it the Titanic may not have sunk. It's bow was like a giant icebreaker. We'll never know though. I have a few shows taped to watch and I a have a big book upstairs all about the titanic.

    ReplyDelete